8 Days, 40+ Master Teachers, 100+ Classes
September 30 – October 7th, 2012
Colorado yogis, are you ready for the “Harvard” of all yoga conferences? The 17th Annual Yoga Journal Colorado Conference will be held September 30th through October 7th at the YMCA of the Rockies in Estes Park. Set to the iconic Rocky Mountain backdrop, ignite your practice with over 100 classes from the top yoga teachers in the country representing all levels and styles of yoga.
Here’s what’s on tap for this year’s festival:
Sept 30 – Oct 3: Tantra Yoga Immersion: This new addition to the Yoga Journal conference features today’s leading tantric teachers including Douglas Brooks, Sally Kempton, Rod Stryker, Gary Kraftsow, Shiva Rea and more. This is an amazing opportunity to hear what these modern tantric masters have to teach about this often misunderstood and incredibly sacred school of yoga in this special 4-day event.
October 4th: All-Day Intensives: These intensives offer a rare opportunity to practice all day with a world leading yoga teacher. Choose from over ten teachers, including Shiva Rea, Ana Forrest, Seane Corne, Tias Little, Dharma Mittra and more. Other options include an all-day Business of Yoga Workshop plus a Yoga and Rock Climbing Intensive (now that’s cool). We’ll be at Desiree Rumbaugh’s Yoga To The Rescue class, learning how we can heal common physical ailments with simple yoga poses.
October 5 – 7: Main Conference: Here’s your chance to choose from 100+ classes in all styles of yoga for all levels. There’s even a beginner’s track for those just starting out and a teacher’s track for teachers looking to continue their education. Many teacher’s classes offer continuing ed credits.
You can also choose from a number of Special Events (many are free!) throughout the weekend:
- Open keynote from Boulder-based master Richard Freeman: Thursday, October 4th at 7:30pm
- LUNAFEST film festival showcasing short films by, for and about women presented by LUNA. Suggested donation of $10. 100% of LUNAFEST proceeds go to non-profits including 15% to the Breast Cancer Fund. Friday, October 5th 7:30-9:30pm.
- World’s Largest Yoga Chain: Help set a world record for the longest yoga chain! FREE and open to the public from 1:15-2:30pm Saturday, October 6th.
- Create A Life You Love: Goal setting workshop from 2-3pm Saturday, September 6th. FREE and open to the public.
- Kirtan Concert with Jai Uttal and Friends: 7:30pm Saturday, October 6th. $25-35
- Closing Remarks with Judith Hanson Lasater: Living Your Yoga: The Five Most Important Lessons From Yoga. FREE and open to the public.
Also enjoy The Yoga Marketplace where you can check out some of the hottest healthy-living products on the market. Featuring 50+ sponsors and vendors, the marketplace showcases clothing, props, samples, jewelry, books, and everything you need to support your practice. This year you’ll find an oxygen bar, aromatherapy treatments, acupuncture, massage, henna, and other activities to keep you rejuvenated throughout the conference. FREE and open to the public.
For more events, go to: http://www.yjevents.com/ep/special_events.php
Conference Costs: From $235.00 and up depending on number of days and date of registration. Click here for more information or call 800-561-9398. Day passes available for the Friday and Saturday of the main conference.